Testing in Production
Questions by Thorsten Brunzendorf in September 2018
Conversation facilitated as a session at SoCraTes Day Franconia 2018 in Nuremberg.
- Which of you does write log files in your current project?
- What do you think of when you hear "Testing" and "Production"?
- What negative reactions can be provoked when speaking of "Testing in Production"?
- Which insights into our software systems can be provided only in production?
- If you make a distinction between "Deploy", "Release" and "Post-Release" - which testing ideas fit into these phases?
- What specific problems may occur when you apply testing in production?
- Under what circumstances would you refrain from certain practices?
- What do you have to change in your system design for a better support of testing in production?
- Which valuable information about legacy systems can be acquired through testing in production?
- What has to change when several teams are involved?
- What new idea from testing in production can you imagine to give a try in your current project?
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.