Questions by Amélie Cornélis in April 2019
- What does technical excellence mean to you?
- What forms do you see deliberate practice take?
- How do you pick areas to focus on?
- How to balance breadth vs depth of expertise?
- 'Being excellent' is very abstract. How would you turn that into a set of concrete, actionable items?
- What benefits do you see from deliberate practice?
- How can we get the feedback required to make deliberate practice effective?
- When do you see deliberate practice fail?
- What helps you achieve technical excellence?
- How do you make time to engage in deliberate practice?
- When should we favour book learning over practice, and vice versa?
- When do you know you’ve become technically excellent?
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.