Integrating Service Design and Development Teams
Questions by Leah Lockhart in September 2018
- What is Service Design? What isn’t Service Design?
- What kinds of information or insights do Service Designers provide?
- What is the value of Service Design in software development?
- What sorts of things happen in Service Design?
- What impact can Service Design have on the software you develop?
- Do we need Service Design to build good products?
- In an Agile team, where does a Service Designer fit?
- Are there tensions between developer needs and service user need? What are they?
- How much should a developer know about Service Design?
- How much should a service designer know about software?
- What are the best ways to communicate with a Service Designer?
- Are there barriers that prevent service designers and developers working together well? If so, what are they? How might they be overcome?
- At what point is Service Design input most useful in development?
- What are the common interests / concerns of service designers and software developers?
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.