How Does Your Team Reach a Shared Standard for Quality?
Questions by Thorsten Brunzendorf in August 2018
Conversation facilitated as a session at SoCraTes Germany 2018 in Soltau with sketchnotes by Ekaterina Budnikov.
- What problems do you encounter where a shared standard may help?
- What can go wrong when trying to find such a shared standard?
- What does work well for your team towards a shared understanding of quality?
- What quality aspects do you discuss with your team? (Internal vs external quality)
- Under what conditions are code reviews helpful here?
- How do static analyzers can support quality standards?
- Automatic tests and code coverage: what role do they play here?
- When do you need a standard shared between more than one team?
- What has to change when several teams are involved?
- Which other factors have got an impact on quality standard discussions?
- What should be documented? And how?
- How and when should the standard be adapted and changed?
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.