Software and Green Tech
Questions by Ewa in October 2023
- Why should we care about the environmental impact of the systems we produce?
- Would “being green” stifle creativity and innovation?
- Should we, as technologists, stop technologies such as blockchain/crypto (with its high energy usage) until we have a better grasp of reducing climate change?
- How does the always-on society affect our resource consumption when it comes to tech?
- Do we really need 99.999%? Would being down for more than 6 minutes a year be that bad?
- How can we support devices for longer to reduce hardware waste?
- How can you measure the eco-impact of the things you write?
- What good software practices do you think lean into green software?
- Should we be holding tech companies responsible in the same ways we hold oil or other energy companies?
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.