Questions by Gary Fleming in July 2018
- What are a developers responsibilities to their code?
- Who is responsible for thorough testing of the code - testers or devs?
- Whose fault is it if we build something which has no real value?
- How long should your code be maintainable for?
- Are operational concerns a developers responsiblity?
- Whose responsibility is accessible?
- In an agile system, how much of the board is a developer responsible for?
- To what extent are developers responsible for their own betterment, through training, learning etc
- Do developers always have responsibilities to the less experienced members of their team?
- If we know something cannot be done but management insists, what should we do?
- If asked to do something unethical by their boss, what is a developer’s responsibility?
- Will _you_ call out GDPR violations?
- You work, or have worked, for an organisation that is evil. How do you feel about that?
- Should developers enforce a code of conduct across the industry?
- As an industry which has a great deal of gender imbalance, is it for us as a developers to redress that balance?
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.